In years’ past, I have shared my word for the year – the word that, through prayer, I feel God is helping me to focus on to help guide me throughout the year. Previous year words have been:
- 2015: Growth – and it was definitely that. After successfully overcoming Cancer myself, I saw my husband through his near death infection to near-full recovery. And, I also found myself without a corporate job for the first time in over sixteen years. Lots of Growth!
- 2016: Growth – through all of those trials, I still felt God wasn’t done with me yet when it came to growth. I joined a new corporate organization and found myself going through significant transitions. I was learning how to work again, and to let things go at home.
- 2017: Purpose – I truly was looking for God’s answer to His purpose for my life. He helped me be cancer-free. He saved Paul. He gave us three amazing children here on Earth and two more in Heaven (after we were told we couldn’t have children of our own). And, I know He has Great Plans for each one of us. So, I prayed all year about His Purpose for my life.
Throughout 2017, I could see some of God’s Purposes for my life
- Child of God
- Work / Leader
While I still don’t believe I am done with the word Purpose, I feel called that 2018 is to be the Year of Peace.
- Peace at work – I am looking to find peace in my role and position in my job
- Peace at home – I am looking to find peace in my role in our home and with our children. I am also looking for peace in decisions for our children that are different than I would choose. Paul is the head of our household and I trust his decisions are in their best interest.
- Peace with this blog – I am trying so hard to keep up with this blog, but I feel like I am not being successful. I know I have so much to share and God has a plan for this. I am seeking His guidance so I can find peace in what I can do and release the disappointment in what I cannot.
- Peace in decision-making – I feel this year will be full of decisions. I am praying for God’s help in ensuring I seek Him first before making big (& small) decisions, and that I have His Peace throughout the journey.
- Overall Peace!
I come to You today in Thanksgiving! Thank You for all You have done – seen and unseen – to bless our family. Thank You for your years of growth & purpose. and, thank You for this year of Peace.
Lord, I am not sure what this year holds, but I do know You already do. You know what I will face this year. You know what trials will come. And, if I see You, I know You will provide me Your “peace beyond understanding.”
I love You, and I praise You! In Your holy name I pray,