UPDATE: Paul had a really good night! Praise God for bringing us Keysha (I spelled her name wrong yesterday, but I know God knows who she is – He sent us an angel!)
- Kidneys: Paul has made more urine. His creatinine is down to 4.33. They said the decrease will now potentially go slower. The dialysis is pulling 50mL/hr and we will look to increase that to 100mL/hr today. That will help pull off the additional fluid.
- Lungs: He is at 55% oxygen / 5 PEEP. With that, his oxygen saturation is steady around 92-93. They are pulling a blood gas to ensure his organs are getting the oxygen (which they should be, but I am glad they are checking). Goal here would be to get down to 30% / 5 – but that might not be today. He cannot get off of the vent until we get to those numbers. He will also get a chest x-ray today just to ensure his lungs are still looking good. Praying for that!
- Platelets: His platelets have gone up to 33. While they are still low, they have stopped the downward trend! Praise God for that specific answer to prayers!
- White Count: His white count is a little elevated which can be signs of his body fighting an infection. The doctor believes it is more likely due to the steroids as he is on three major antibiotics.
- Abscess: They are also not worrying about the abscess yet. The challenge is that they would like to do a CT with contrast, but his kidneys cannot handle that right now. Since he is on those antibiotics, they are okay to wait until they can get him down for a CT.
Goals for today:
- Kidneys – making urine & they can pull 100mL/hr from dialysis
- Lungs – X-ray shows good lungs, Vent can be brought down
- Platelets – continue to rise
Thank you all for your prayers! He is getting better and you are all helping him and us through the process! Truly, thank you! And – Praise God for all this progress!!!