UPDATE: Paul is back resting comfortably. They were able to come up with a good mix of medicines that have seemed to help him rest and not get so agitated – Praise God!
- Kidneys: Dialysis is working and pulling an extra 50mL/hr. Still hoping to pull more tomorrow to get some of this extra fluid off. Decided not to give the diuretic as he hasn’t peed much more since yesterday.
- Lungs: His breathing has improved. He is down to 40 Oxygen / 5 PEEP with saturations around 97-98. Once they get him down to 30 Oxygen / 5 PEEP, they can start to consider pulling the vent. That will likely not be tomorrow, but maybe on Friday. Praying for that.
Paul: We are still needing to keep low stimulation in the room. I was in there much of the day just staring at him. Praising God for the miracle to still have Paul here with us! I know we will have a long road to recovery, but at least we are talking about recovery – AMEN!!
I am not sure we will learn much more, so there may not be an evening report tonight. Here are my prayers for tonight:
- I pray Paul rests comfortably and continues to heal
- I pray we are able to turn the vent down and set a timeline for removal
- I pray we are able to up the dialysis pull to 100mL/hr and are able to get more of this fluid off