I thought I would send a mid-day note today. Paul is resting comfortably-Hallelujah!!
- Meds – some might be wondering why they keep changing his meds. This is important because they want him to be able to help when they want to take him off of the vent. Some meds are able to be onboard during those tests and some really should be off. So, they are trying to find the right mix to keep him just right. I think they have found it…for now.
- Lungs – down to the lowest help – 30 oxygen / 5 PEEP. His oxygen level is still at 99-100 and has been all day – Praise God!!!
- Kidneys – the doctor came in so I asked him about the creatinine. He said that the machine is what has dropped Paul’s creatinine. So, while I was hoping that drop meant the kidneys were waking up, it does just mean the dialysis is doing its job. When Paul starts peeing more, that means they are starting to work again. And, he has had some output today. Not much, but some is better than none!
- Me – so many of you have asked how I am doing. I haven’t posted about it because I’m not really sure how to answer. I am trying to eat 3 meals a day and get 4-6 hours of sleep. Some days, I can be strong and deal with it all and others I feel broken and alone.
- While there are people here with me, my person is Paul. He is my rock, he is my love, he is my life.
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13 NLT). And it is by God’s strength and the strength everyone else is providing that is keeping me & the rest of the family going. Thank you so very much! 😘❤️🙏