UPDATE: What a few weeks it has been!
We have been away visiting family & friends the last two weekends and watching Paulie play baseball. It has been fun, and has kept us somewhat busy – helping to keep our minds off the next sets of labs.
Paul went in yesterday to get his labs. Praise The Lord – the labs all came back improved!
- Creatinine – down to 1.80 from 2.19 (close to normal of 0.6-1.5)
- BUN – 24, which is NORMAL!!!!!
- GFR – up to 46 from 36. Normal is above 60, but remember it was 8 in the hospital.
- Diet– While all of the labs relating to his diet look good, he has put on 14lbs in the past 6 weeks. The doctor was a bit concerned (as I have been) about the weight gain. While the lab numbers alleviated some of the concern, he told Paul that the extra weight will continue to delay the healing of the kidneys – makes them work harder. He would really like Paul to be closer to 200lbs. The good news is that he is only 219, so that isn’t too far to go. And, I know that Paul can & will do it!
- Strength – Paul has been back playing basketball 2-3x per week and has golfed the last 2 weekends. He notices that it takes him a little longer to loosen up than before, but once loose, he feels closer to the way he felt before all of this began.
With the travel, we have had the opportunity to see many people who have been praying for Paul through this entire journey. It is an amazing sight to see him looking so good compared to how sick he was. You can see the tears in many people’s eyes as they are sharing their joy for his recovery. It is a truly remarkable story of God’s healing power!
Truly, we cannot thank everyone enough for all you have done to both pray for healing & strength. We have felt so completely surrounded with love & prayers.
As for me…
The book is coming along. I’m still hoping to have the first draft done by the end of the month. Might end up being the first of June. We will see where that goes…
This Friday, I am blessed to have the opportunity to share this story at the Soul Spa Sisterhood Retreat. What a blessing it will be to share God’s miraculous work in the healing of Paul! I’m nervous & excited. I am praying God gives me the words to share His Story.
As for work, I am finishing up my last few weeks with Pfizer. It has been a true blessing to have worked for such a great organization for the past 16+ years. And, I am thankful to have had the opportunity to effectively transition the projects I had been working on to others who can take the reins. I will also have the opportunity to speak at an upcoming LTEN conference in early June on the coaching platform we launched. It will be wonderful seeing the team again before my official last day. After that, we will see. I am working on my resume and starting to look at opportunities. I am hoping to be somewhere in September, so while I still have some time, I need to get a move on :).